1. a boyfriend; a sweetheart:
- Whom is she shielding? Either her father or her young man. Is it her father?
2. is used as a familiar or condescending form of address:
- Listen, young man, you’re headed for some serious trouble.
1. a young woman:
- There lived a young person at Loudun from whom he could not resolve to be separated.
2. (legal) a person generally between 14 and 17 years of age:
- For more serious offences, a young person who is 14 years of age or more can be transferred to adult court.