training college—(UK) a college for the training of teachers:
- How vitally important a good pupil-teacher relationship had been considered at my training college.
1. a school preparing students for a particular occupation:
- The majority of nursery training schools do not make any hard-and-fast rule regarding the work which their trainees should take over.
2. (U.S. euph.) a correctional institution for reeducation of juvenile delinquents:
- The Penal Code was amended so as to authorize the commitment of delinquent girls to the New York State Training School for Girls.