throw something back at someone—
1. return smth. by throwing it at a person, usually with a hostile intent:
- When I once threw a radio at him, instead of throwing it back at me he picked it up and started replacing the tubes.
2. remind a person unkindly of the wrong things he has said or done:
- Last night I realized how I was abused. Mistakes were thrown back at me, not once, but several times for the same thing…
throw something back to someone—return smth. by throwing it at a person:
- I don’t know how he anticipated me being there, but he threw the ball back to me. It was a perfect throw.