think of something—(also: think about something )
1. concentrate one’s attention on smth.; reflect on smth.:
- I kept thinking of Spain since that’s where we were supposed to go on tour.
2. regard smth. as having a particular quality or purpose:
- We still tend to think of computers as powerful calculators, skilled at mathematical processes.
3. remember smth.; call smth. to mind:
- He often thought of the old farm where he lived before being sent to England.
think over something—give smth. careful consideration before making a decision, etc.:
- When he would not take a refusal, I begged him to give me twenty four hours for thinking over the question.