chosen few—(also: select few) a relatively small number of persons selected for a position of favor or privilege:
- The Professor is giving a dinner-party tonight, but that’s just for the chosen few.
chosen people—(also: God’s chosen people)
1. the Jews, especially in the Old Testament:
- This was a greater miracle than that of the cloud with which God defended his chosen people in the wilderness from the heat of the sun.
2. those who are “saved” in keeping with the Christian doctrine of salvation; members of the spiritual Israel:
- Antichrist is a holder of political power who persecutes God’s chosen people.