at the same time—
1. in addition; as well:
- The method reduced the cost of processing information and at the same time accelerated the speed of producing data.
2. at the same moment; simultaneously:
- The same stock may be quoted at the same time in the exchange markets of distant places.
3. nevertheless (is used to express reservation):
- That’s all fine and well, but at the same time it seems increasingly unlikely that we will achieve these goals.
in the same time—taking the same amount of time:
- This explains why a planet travels from point A to point B in the same time that it takes to cover the much shorter span between C and D.