Absorbed by something—
1. (of liquids or substances) soaked up by something.
- The chemical agent, whether it be mustard gas or nerve gas, can be absorbed by the skin.
2. (of people or things) incorporated into something.
- The surrounding villages have been absorbed by the growing city.
Absorbed with something—(also: absorbed in something ) deeply engrossed in something.
- She was absorbed with the mathematical problem.
- Everyone was absorbed with the beautiful scenery.
- I get so absorbed in doing something that I am unaware of things happening round me.