About, concerning, regarding and respecting all are synonymous prepositions when they take an object that names something which is the subject of talk, thought, or interest.
About is usually interchangeable with any of the others without marked loss of meaning, but it alone may follow its object as well as precede it.
- a book about flowers
- Tell me all about it.
- There’s something strange about him.
- There’s nothing you can do about it now.
Concerning is more meaningful because it often retains its verbal implications of affecting and influencing.
- For more information concerning the club contact I. Coldwell.
- He asked several questions concerning the future of the company.
Regarding and respecting suggest little more than about: however regarding is especially appropriate when its object names the goal or center of attention or thought.
- She has said nothing regarding your request.
- He refused to divulge any information regarding the man’s whereabouts.
Respecting is felicitously employed when selectiveness or specification is to be implied.
- information respecting the child’s whereabouts
- Parents often have little choice with respect to the way their child is medically treated.