be dead nuts on something—
1. (coll.) placed precisely on the surface of smth.:
- He caught me dead nuts on the chin, Pepe thought as he lay on the ground.
2. (coll.) exactly correspond to smth.:
- The styling of the new convertible is dead nuts on what a car in this class should be: bold and aristocratic.
3. (sl.) be very fond of smth.; be delighted with smth.:
- Quite frankly, I wasn’t dead nuts on meeting with them.
be dead set on something—be fixed in one’s purpose; be determined on doing smth.:
- The administration is dead set on trying to destroy unions.
Cf.: make a dead set at something—make a determined effort to gain smth.:
- People can’t be allowed to make a dead set at a property like this.